Summertime is in full swing, which means camping season is upon us. As you’re getting ready to pack all of the essentials, you’re gonna want to plan your meals ahead so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying the scenery. Whether camping in the great outdoors, glamping or throwing a backyard bonfire, here are 14 super simple recipes you’re gonna want to keep on hand for your next trip.
1. Campfire Green Chili Cheese Fries: When cooking over a fire, we’ve found that aluminum foil is your BFF. These Green Chili Cheese Fries cooked in foil only require three ingredients, but you could easily customize with your favorite toppings. (via Buried Carrots)
2. Grilled Onion Bomb: Another thing that makes cooking while camping easy peasy is choosing meals that are prepared in advance, so you just have to cook it once you’ve arrived. These grilled onion bombs are a healthy and delicious dinner option. (via Made From Pinterest)
3. Mix-In Mac and Cheese: If you’re camping with little ones this summer, you’re going to want to pin this camping recipe for sure. Spoon pre-made mac and cheese into a foil with their choice of ingredients. If anything, this is an easy way to trick your kids into eating their veggies while camping. (via Tara Donne)
5. Ham, Egg and Cheese Bread Bowls: This easy breakfast recipe is quick to make, especially if you’re feeding a large group, and requires no clean-up afterwards. Fill it with ham and egg, or any other ingredients to make sure everyone is full of nutrients needed for a morning hike. (Via RecipeTin Eats)
6. Roasted Pineapple Upside Down Cake S’mores: Grilled pineapple is always a-okay in our book. Here, it’s roasted between marshmallows and angel food for a unique and delicious campfire dessert. (via Food Network)
7. Boozy Campfire Marshmallows: We are not opposed to a good boozy recipe over here, especially when it is as simple as taking a roasted marshmallow and dunking it into a little Bailey’s. This just upped your s’mores game like crazy. (via Dabbles and Babbles)
9. Campfire Pizza Logs: Make it at home, freeze it and carry it to help keep the rest of the food in your cooler cold. Then, throw it on the campfire for about 10 minutes, slice, and enjoy! (via Family Cookbook Project)
10. Campfire Foil Wrapped Salmon: If you’re looking for camping food on the healthier side, try this delicious herbed salmon cooked on foil over the fire. Eat it alone, or cook some veggies and rice alongside for a hearty meal that will leave you full and ready for campfire activities. (via No Recipes)
12. Peanut Butter Banana Rolls: Wrap up sliced bananas with peanut butter and chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) into a whole wheat wrap for a snack that is easy to pack up for a quick energy boost while hiking. (via Betty Crocker)
14. Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos: Aside from maybe cooking the meat, we’d skip prepping this one in advance to avoid soggy chips. However, all you have to do is throw together some of your favorite nacho ingredients into a disposable cooking pan for some deliciously cheesy nachos you’ll want to pair with an ice cold beer. (via Betty Crocker)
Do you have a go-to camping recipe? Don’t forget to share it with us in the comments!